SNX nVision contour (curved) edgebander features
Consistently Tighter Butt Joints Around More Shapes, Smaller Radii!
The SNX nVision G1 & G2 series contour (curved) edgebanders offers woodworkers truly amazing edgebanding versatility with simple operation and a minimal shop footprint. With our machine, you can band and trim edges on both very large or very small straight or shaped parts with minimal setup.
Major Machine Systems
Contour Edgebanding Station
Unit powered by quiet ARMORDRIVE Kevlar serpentine belt system. Can band tapes up to 80mm tall. Can easily band .5 to 3mm width tapes. Unique design helps you make incredibly small band radiuses - inside and out. The SNX nVision edgebanding station is unmatched in the industry for consistent throughput.
Vacuum Arm & Pod
The articulated vacuum arm can support large (97" diameter) or heavy (up to 230lbs) parts. Optional pods are available for special needs (long and narrow parts, irregular shapes, interrupted band paths, etc.)
Top & Bottom Trimming Station
Plenty of innovative and patent-pending technologies makes trimming fast and easy. With digital read outs, changing banding or board thickness is a breeze. TRIMSET copy shoe system lets you quickly adjust to new tape sizes. Almost infinite top & bottom adjustment available to make a perfect trim without gouging. Servo motor drives used for precise spindle speeds.
Electrical & Control
Electrical cabinet is UL-approved. Touch-screen PLC control unit allows automatic or manual banding routines. Make micro-adjustments for the tightest butt joints. Control has a "recipe" file storage ability; store and call-up common part parameters.
More innovative curved (contour) Edgebanding Engineering
Fabricated for Stability
The SNX nVision weighs a half-ton (or more) when complete. That's heavy enough to provide vibration-free performance, yet light enough to position in your shop with a pallet jack. The frame is all welded channel steel, not lightweight sheet metal. With its square frame orientation, the machine offers exceptional stability for safer operation; an SNX nVision can support parts on the vacuum arm up to 230lbs!
TRIAX Laser System
Our patent-pending 3-axis geometry-sensing system enables an nVision to know exactly when to cut a mitred butt joint. A laser follows the part shape, regardless of size. The laser beam senses the tape’s panel overhang and signals the mitred guillotine cut. The TRIAX system moves in three directions (axes) and can handle large or heavy parts – even sagging ones – to provide accurate tape location sensing.
MITRELOK Tape Guillotine
A Heavy‐duty knife for consistent angled cutting of the banding tape. This allows for tape overlap that thus provides a nearly invisible seam. The quality of the end joint is where edgebanders are judged. With the thin blade guillotine, the nVision is capable of producing final butt joints better than more expensive CNCs can achieve.
The ARMORDRIVE whisper-quiet drive system is a Kevlar belt for smooth and long‐life operation. The lower belt drive system means literally no maintenance and labor versus traditional chain and sprocket drive systems.
The Other Features:
- Heavy‐duty, tip-free 4‐post frame construction provides a more stable base and allows the machine to process parts up to 230lbs.
- A large work envelope: 97+ inches depending on part shape ‐greater than any other machine on the market.
- Adjustable top pressure wheel gives the operator the ability to achieve equal pressure from the top and bottom, thus making sure the panel being edgebanded stays level and in complete contact with the tape roller
- Independent dust collection manifolds on the trimming station. Allows for lower CFM dust collectors with better chip extraction.
- UL-Certified control panel of the machine allows easier maintenance and service by electrical contractors
- Touch Screen Controller has easy to understand symbols to accommodate less skilled or non-English operators.